The Sherman Boys and Girls Club, formerly the Sherman Boys Club, first opened its doors in 1966 as part of an effort by local business people to provide services to disadvantaged youth. After several moves, it became apparent to the board of directors that a permanent facility was desperately needed. In 1974, the Sherman Boys Club entered into an agreement with Austin College to lease property on Luckett Street. This agreement was the key to being able to serve area youth in a new building. In 1975, the Club opened for business at its current location, 1500 N. Luckett. In 1991, the board of directors agreed to change the name of the Club to align itself with the new name of the national organization; hence, the Boys and Girls Club of Sherman, Inc.
In 1997, the board of directors initiated plans to expand the Club facility to accommodate the growing numbers of kids participating in the program. An ambitious capital campaign was initiated a year later and the 10,400 square foot addition, along with the remodeling of the existing facility, was completed in December of 2000. In December of 2013 the Club was damaged by the ice storm that hit north Texas. The Club was temporarily relocated to the Fairview Baptist Church CFAC building until October of 2014 when the damaged portion was rebuilt and some of the Club remodeled. The Club continues to provide programs and services to hundreds of area youth annually.